The Android operating system has managed to become the world’s most popular and bestseller platform for Smartphone. With more than 150,000 applications available, Android by Google is undoubtedly the biggest online application store. Today, we are going to introduce you to yet another exciting opportunity to install Android 2.3 Gingerbread on your HTC Dream! It’s simple and easy and since it’s a newborn application, you will find so many features that are not active as yet. Nonetheless this all-new Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM is easy accessible to a lot of devices which are based on AOSP. A good start for all the professional developers, Android serves well and offers a demo too. Keep on reading to find the link to this latest offer along with all the instructions on installation.
Disclaimer: Please make sure before following any tips and content provided in www.Techquad.com that it is entirely at your own risk. Any damage to your device will not be the responsibility of www.Techquad.com.
Currently, this latest Android ROM provides you with features like Android Gingerbread interface and phone+ voice data only. So if you want to confirm that either this Gingerbread interface works on your phone then installing this ROM for a while can be a good idea otherwise for daily usage, this ROM might not be suitable. Apart from that, all the developers have a good chance to further develop this ROM and add all those required features such as camera, wi-fi, Google applications, USB mounts, boot animation, and several others. Downloads
Here’s how you can install it:
1. To install the Android ROM first confirm that your device is rooted.
2. Then follow the link provided below in order to download the ROM.
3. Copy the downloaded ROM to your SD card.
4. Next, download the ‘2708 kemel’ from the provided link and copy that too on your SD card.
5. Now switch off your phone and then reboot it to the recovery.
6. It is important to backup your existing installation so confirm nandroid backup.
7. Remove off all the data and the cache from main recovery and advanced menu.
8. Now from the main recovery menu, choose ‘install zip from sd card’.
9. Choose the ROM that you have saved in the card and wait while the ROM is being ‘flashed’ to your phone.
10. Following the same procedure, ‘flash’ the ‘2708 kemel’ to your phone
11. Lastly, when the installation is complete, reboot your phone. That’s it.
In case of any problem, feature requests, updates, or help on this latest ROM development, you can contact the thread at XDA-Developers forums.