I received many requests to write a guide on how to make Clockwork Mod Recovery SD card for Nook color. This post will guide you on how to make CWR bootable SD card for new and old Nook Color. As you might know that CWR 220.127.116.11. and 18.104.22.168. works with ext 3 and ext4 ROMs and you can use this CWR to flash ext4 Android 3 Honeycomb.
Disclaimer: Please make sure before following any tips and content provided in www.Techquad.com that it is entirely at your own risk. Any damage to your device will not be the responsibility of www.Techquad.com.
- Nook color
- SD card
- win32 image writer for Miscrosoft Windows
- Clockwork Mod Recovery Image File
If you are using OLD Nook Color (Not blue dot) download Clockwork Mod Recovery v22.214.171.124 image corresponding to size of your SD card
If you are using NEW Nook Color (blue dot) download Clockwork Mod Recovery v126.96.36.199. image file for 1GB SD card.
- Download Win32 Disk Image Writer and install it.
- Download correct CWR version for your Nook Color.
- Run Win32 Disk Image Writer program.
- Click on "Browse button" and locate the image file you downloaded.
- Now Select the Device where you SD card is loated.
- Click on write button and wait till the process is complete.
- Safely eject SD card from computer.
- Turn off Nook Color and insert SD card.
- Connect Nook Color to computer via USB cable.
- It should CWR menu on Nook Color.
Now your Clockwork Mod Recovery SD card is ready which can be used to flash Android Froyo, Cyanogenmod or Honeycomb Image files. Enjoy.
Please don’t forget to share your experience with other readers.